Click here to sign up to our mailing list!

Friday 12 July 2024

12 July Hounds Howling

I'm sitting in the van early this evening listening to Smooth FM with the canine howls coming from nearby vans. Well it certainly sounds like there's one howling with another joining in! 

They've been barking and howling most of the afternoon so hopefully the owners return soon otherwise my TV viewing might be a bit louder than normal. I just hope they return before it's dark as it'll be a bit eerie hearing howling at night.

Anyway this morning as it was high tide I took the road route into New Quay. Then it was a look in the Memorial Hall, as I had my Avon order to collect, before going down to the harbour to see if the dolphins were about.

I stopped for a cuppa where I'd previously been lucky spotting dolphins but not today.

Back at the van the weeds have successfully been killed off by the spray put down a week or so ago. So I thought I'd tidy it up a bit.

Took a good hour to do this bit before rain stopped work! 

Despite wearing gloves I managed to get a blister on my palm. Due to using a small fork to help get through weed roots out. I might have to use a different technique tomorrow.

Not sure what I'm up to tomorrow - I'll wait to see what the weather's like in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment