Click here to sign up to our mailing list!

Saturday 29 June 2024

29 June Back to England

After breakfast I did my final bits of sorting, emptying the fridge and turning everything off (gas, electric and water) before packing up Rolo. This included 2 hoovers! Mum's hoover is running out of oomph so I thought I'd bring the ones I have in the van to see if they can help out. When I do my Mrs Hinch tomorrow I'll let you know.

As I hadn't planned to get to Mum and Dad's until the afternoon I decided on a retail therapy stop in Aberystwyth. It made a nice break and I managed to pick up a few things for the van - a new duster mop!!! (Don't get too excited. I'm not going to suddenly turn into a domestic goddess, I just thought anything to make my life easier is a benefit 😃).

A new addition to the milk dispenser which has been in Aberystwyth for a while. Now eggs!!

Before having a spot of lunch I had a walk down the prom. Not a particularly pretty beach but I'm sure it's well used by the university students when the sun is out.

After a pleasant drive along mountain sides, over hills and mostly under 50mph (as the speed limit in Wales fluctuates, it was mainly between 20-50mph for most of the trip with the occasional 60mph splurge), I arrived at Mum and Dad's. Just in time for tea so that was well timed.

With the evening still young and fairly warm Mum and I took the dogs for a walk out the back. Unusually the field is growing mayflowers and clover instead of the usual crops. Possibly to revitalise the soil with nutrients from the plants. It won't be mown until July so currently the walk is through the undergrowth. However the New Zealand crew have managed to create a bit of a path after their recent walks which helps.

Mum led the way as it's not very obvious where the footpath goes in the undergrowth. A bit like a secret garden or a maze.

This evening we've been getting down with the youth and watching/listening to Glastonbury. I've been sat in the conservatory putting the crochet project together whilst listening as Mum has been watching it on the TV. If this project doesn't work out it can be made into a blanket. Still a bit of a way to go but I hopefully should get it completed tomorrow in between my hoovering 😃.

No comments:

Post a Comment