Click here to sign up to our mailing list!

Monday 1 July 2024

1 July Out for the Day

We had a fairly busy day heading out in Rolo just after breakfast for a drive to Telford. Mum also managed to squeeze in a trip to M&S on our return trip, while Dad and I did Asda for potatoes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ!

The Green Dragon in Church Stretton was our venue for a lovely pub lunch before we ended up back home late afternoon. Time to tackle the crossword and have a cuppa before I suddenly had the urge to try out a new duster mop that I'd bought to use in the van.


I don't know what came over me. An urge to clean!!! I must say that my Flash Dust Magnet is a brilliant piece of kit (and smells nice) - so much easier than dusting ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.

Mum and I managed to squeeze a walk in after tea before the drizzle started. Not quite a baking summer's evening but we are in the UK!

Then it was repairing the last cushion. As you can see I've been tackling a bit of a dog's dinner of repairs Mum's made over the years. Luckily she'd managed to get hold of decent sizes of sample pieces so at least I can put on big patches to strengthen the material that's sadly weakened in the sun. Hopefully it'll keep the cushions in use for a few more years.

The repairs will continue in the morning as the light started to go. I find natural light easier for sewing. Knitting is never a problem as I don't really have to look at what I'm doing. So I know what I'll be doing after breakfast ๐Ÿงต.

No comments:

Post a Comment