Click here to sign up to our mailing list!

Tuesday 2 July 2024

2 July Domestic Goddess Strikes Again

I think there must be something in the water in Shropshire as the domestic goddess has been in action again today!

However, before the domesticity started Dad and I went for a spin in Rolo to get him a haircut. He was nearly growing a pony tail! After his cut he made the comment that it was a bit breezy round his neck but that could've been due to today's cooler weather. Rolo's thermometer was only showing 14°C so it was more like April than July.

Once back it was straight on to finishing the cushions, which turned out to be a bit like painting Sydney Harbour Bridge - never
ending!

Probably about a third of each base cushion has new material where it gets the most wear. There was also another chair that I ended up repairing it's cushion. Being in the conservatory the new material will soon fade in the sun.

I thought I was going to give my well worn fingers a break but I was soon on to using the hoover that I brought over from the van (probably as I'd been having some prompting from Mum). It turns out that it's much more efficient at getting rid of dog hair than the one Mum's been using. I think my hoover has now found a new home! 😂

Anyway this evening I'm now having a well deserved rest as I'm off up to Scotland after breakfast tomorrow. I should hopefully get there by dinnertime. Hopefully they'll be no requirement for domestic chores for a few days as I need to get over this shock to my system. Domesticity two days in a row will take some recovering from 😂.


No comments:

Post a Comment