Click here to sign up to our mailing list!

Wednesday 10 July 2024

10 July No Money Mum!

This morning Mum and I took the dogs for a walk to the village shop. The main reason was to collect the paper but Mum also needed a fes grocery items. 

Armed with one dog each and Mum with the shopping bag we arrived at the shop and proceeded to gather up the required items. As it's the village shop everyone knows the village residents - just as well! The shopping was totalled and it was then at this point that Mum realised she'd left her purse somewhere (later found on the dining table!). 

As I'd just come along for the walk I had my phone and a hanky in my pocket so I was no use in settling the bill. But I did offer to walk back to get some money!

Fortunately there's a book where mishaps such as this are recorded and the bill will be settled tomorrow. I also vouched that Mum wouldn't do a runner 😂.

After lunch we had the afternoon in the vicinity of Shrewsbury before returning for a late tea. 

Time for some knitting and I've made a starter on a new book. With just a few chapters read I think it's going to be a good read.

Anyway I'm back to the van after lunch tomorrow so Wales bound for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment