Click here to sign up to our mailing list!

Tuesday 11 June 2024

11 June Not Much Happening Day

Fairly low key day today as Ian was heading off to get to Portsmouth ready for a sailing day with CCF tomorrow. He's staying with Amy's bridesmaid and family for the night before his course starts early in the morning. A 5am train ride didn't appeal to him or to the taxi driver (me) who would have to drop him at the station.

After dropping him at the train station early this afternoon I ended up getting a few groceries and then headed back. The traffic had snarled up so it was a slow haul back and then with grey clouds looming I put off going for a walk as it looked like rain. 

It didn't rain in the end. However, by this time I'd settled down for a spot of knitting over a green tea. I'm actually getting quite used to the flavour now after deciding to cut down on my coffee consumption. I've never been one for fruit flavoured teas, as it always reminds me of the hot orange or lemon squash we were given when we were ill (although Mum says she can't remember giving it to us 😀). Green tea doesn't seem to have that bitter taste so I'm persevering with it.

Ian not being a very responsible adult with his cider!

Anyway Amy and I have been watching a hospital series on Netflix called New Amsterdam so we had a lovely chilled evening getting on with the next episode. My knitting is also coming along too.

No comments:

Post a Comment