Click here to sign up to our mailing list!

Monday 10 June 2024

10 June Off to the Dentist

As regular readers you probably think I live at the dentist! This time though it was a planned event and not as it has been so often in the past, an emergency trip.

Today I went and had a screw type peg implanted where I had a tooth removed during the Christmas of our COVID lock down. I've been fed up of not being able to chew properly and didn't want to get a dental plate. Nor did I want to end up being some gummy old lady.

With my appointment first thing Ian dropped me off anticipating a 2 hour wait (well, I'd been advised it could take that long). In the end I was out in less than and hour. It was pretty straightforward and much less complicated than when I've had crowns put in. So, so far I can recommend it. Well, other than the numb face and droopy smile until the numbness went later this afternoon. However, I managed to avoid the drooling and dribbling by using a straw to drink.

This afternoon whilst recuperating I've made great strides with my knitting project. I've started on the front after finishing the back section. A lovely raspberry shade with flecks of colour in it.

After a day of soup and soft food (a yummy slow cooker Bolognese for dinner) it'll be great to have normal food tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment