Click here to sign up to our mailing list!

Wednesday 29 May 2024

29 May Typical British Traffic Conditions

I can't believe how different driving in the UK is in comparison to France and Spain.

Yes, I appreciate that we have a greater volume of traffic but at least if there's road works you actually see someone working! Today I left Amy's at about 9.30am on an anticipated 4 and half hour journey to Mum and Dad's. Off I headed on the M20 without issue and then hit the M26. Boy they like to make a meal of it! About half an hour at a snail's pace as the traffic filtered into one lane and then met the M25 with more filtering. Then up near junction 10 more roadworks - aarrrgghh!!!!

After a break at the start of M40 I got back on the journey only for 4 police cars to go whizzing past and start a rolling road block!! At least they didn't roll for very long and were soon on their way. So I continued plodding along and stopped for lunch at my brother's. Lovely to catch up with him and put the world to rights 😄.

Anyway I eventually got to mum and dad's by 4.30pm. Just in time for a cuppa and a tasty slice of mum's homemade lemon cake. Dad was enjoying ice cream, jelly and custard!

This evening I've started on a new knitting project. Another colourful jumper for Pauline. We'll see how much I manage in the time I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment