Click here to sign up to our mailing list!

Sunday 12 May 2024

12th May Spending Spree

Today it's Sunday so market day in Roses. My objective of heading there was to get a jumper to go with an outfit I wear for when we go out for dinner. I'd seen a few last week but needed to actually take my outfit to make sure it was a good colour match.

We ended up with a successful shop as I managed to find a jumper, Ian bought some socks and near the fruit and veg market in another part of Roses we found some reasonably priced avocados - €2.99 a kilo.

Whilst in the market we found out the name of the fruit we incorrectly identified yesterday as quinces. They're not - we found a label on this stall which translates as Spanish loquat.

Loquat fruits, also known as Japanese plums (although they're native to China!) are apparently known for their unique tart and sweet flavour. Now we know they're edible we'll be keeping an eye on the tree here to find a ripe one just so we can taste it. We'll let you know.

After our morning cuppa and another potter to check out a nearby clothes shop (bought some swimwear) we meandered back for a leisurely afternoon.

An ice cream soda this afternoon - we were not sure how it would come out so I was pleasantly surprised. These might end up replacing my afternoon cup of tea while it's hot 😄.

Sitting out on the bench I've been sewing in all the tails of wool on the granny squares I've done so far. I've still got to decide what to do with them. A jacket, blanket, tank top - endless possibilities 😁.

Not sure of our plans for tomorrow but I'm sure we'll keep ourselves busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment